- Sharing specific protocols and expertise for mouse phenotyping (behaviour and histology), neuronal cultures, imaging, biochemistry.
- Sharing guidelines for preclinical trials (drug administration, outcome measures, statistics).
- Sharing large data (gene expression, proteomics: experience, protocols and datasets).
- Establishing peer support network (we plan to focus at first on developing a network around existing projects, to share our science and to identify common pathways to target. We will then solicit the joining of key model basic scientists from the ataxia field).
- Creating an inventory of available human fibroblasts and/or iPSCs of ARCAs/SCAs (and other human material, i.e. blood, CSF, iPSCs).
- Organizing Research lab meeting 1 every 2-4 months starting early 2021 in close collaboration with network of trainees.
- Inserting a basic science session organized by the Models Work group for the next ARCA and SCA Global meeting.