Founded 1896 in Basel, Switzerland
Founding families still hold majority stake
Clear focus on unique innovation model
World’s largest biotech company
Leadership in in-vitro diagnostics
Roche is a global pioneer in personalised healthcare:
- Employing > 97,000 people
- Sales of CHF 61.5 billion
- R&D core investments of CHF 11.7 billion
- 32 Roche medicines on the WHO Model List of Essential Medicines
- 21 billion tests conducted with Roche Diagnostics products
- 63 million patients treated with Roche medicines
- 11 years in a row ranked as one of the sustainability leaders by DJSI*
* Dow Jones Sustainability Index
Doing now what patients need next
We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world.
Expert Medical Director
Neuroscience and Rare Diseases, Roche